Who would have thought that one cherry tree could yield so much?
Every day I pick buckets of fruit- and still there is 100 times that left on the tree!
|So many cherries..so little time!|
Well, I've made batch after batch of cherry jam of course. Then cherry jellies-
|Cherry compote ready for slow cooking|
|All aboard the Black Forest Express|
Ouf! I'm running out of ideas.
One last one though...Tarte Aux Cerises
You will need:
1 quantity of sweet pastry made by blitzing 225g of plain flour with 110g soft butter and 80g of icing sugar with 1 large egg in the food processor.
200 ml of either chocolate mousse, vanilla frosting or crème patissière
Jam to glaze
1. Make the pastry as above and press into a flan dish.
3. Allow to cool completely then spread on your filling of choice.
4. De-stone the cherries and soften them a little by microwaving ( or simmering) for a very short time with a little icing sugar. (Microwaving helps preserve the colour).
5. Arrange the fruit on your flan base.
6. Melt some jam ( I used cherry of course, but strawberry or bramble or other red fruit would be fine) and glaze the surface of the fruit usng a pastry brush.
|Glaze with red jam|
|Tarte aux Cerises|